The chemical industry plays a key role in today’s economy. The chemical sector is not only fuelled by investment in research and development, stimulated by enormously high demand for products (particularly plastics), but is also an arena of fierce competition.
In this sector, competitive advantage is achieved largely by applying new technologies which allow companies to keep pace with the global trends of digitalization and pro-environmental activities. Innovative solutions require suitable protection of intellectual property rights and a strategy of managing those rights, so that they can bring profit to balance out the heavy expenditure made into research and development.
At JWP, we have patent attorneys with degrees in chemistry who have an excellent grasp of the ins and outs of the chemical industry. Thanks to our experience and personalized approach to our clients’ demands, we successfully handle patent application proceedings, disputes, and matters related to confidentiality, know-how, and trade secrets.
We support our clients in the following areas:
- state-of-the-art research, patentability, and infringement clearance
- technology monitoring
- drawing up patent applications in Poland before the Patent Office of the Polish Republic (UPRP) and abroad in the international PCT mode, as well as European applications in the European Patent Office (EPO)
- renewing exclusive rights and making amendments in the official register
- drawing up warning letters in patent infringement cases
- conducting disputes before the Patent Office of the Polish Republic and administrative courts
- conducting lawsuits regarding protection of patents against infringements
- conducting mediations and negotiations in order to resolve disputes amicably
- drawing up confidentiality contracts, contracts with co-workers, and subcontractors
- protection of trade secrets
- commercialization and technology transfer
- validation of European patents in Poland
- training, workshops, and other forms of disseminating knowledge on intellectual property
Our portfolio of chemical industry clients contains large multinational corporations, universities, and institutes investing in the development and implementation of innovative chemical solutions, as well as small and medium-sized enterprises. JWP Patent Attorneys is also a member of chemical company associations, so that we keep up to date with the ever changing legal landscape of this sector and, most importantly, we are close to our clients. The most commonly provided services in this sector are infringement clearance searches, although the number of patent infringement or revocation proceedings is growing. In both cases, we offer our in-depth experience.