Intellectual property rights protection offers a range of tools which may have significant effect on the financial condition and business development of our clients. However, in order to make full use of these instruments one needs to carry out systematic market monitoring and take consistent steps against all forms of infringements. Lack of activity in this area not only calls into question the ability to obtain a particular right and generate costs but also, in certain circumstances, it may lead to having that right revoked.
During the registration process or after obtaining the exclusive right, it may become necessary to take steps leading to the revocation or expiry of third parties’ rights which may interfere with our right to protection or to stop us from obtaining it.
Our advisors support their clients in disputes regarding intellectual property rights in Poland, the EU, and – in liaison with our foreign partners – in other countries of the world.
- conducting proceedings before the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland regarding the revocation of exclusive rights – patents, utility model protective rights, rights arising from additional protective rights (SPC), rights under registered industrial designs, trademark protection rights, geographical indications, topography of integrated circuits
- conducting proceedings before the European Patent Office (EPO) regarding the revocation of European patents
- conducting proceedings before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) regarding the revocation of EU trademarks and Community industrial designs
- conducting proceedings before the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland (PPO) and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) regarding the expiration of trademark protection rights
- conducting proceedings in liaison with our foreign partners regarding the revocation or expiration of exclusive rights protected under local provisions of a given country
- consulting and assistance in obtaining WIPO Proof