Robotics and electronics are at the vanguard of modern technological advances. Robots supported by artificial intelligence are being used for a multitude of jobs, from the already commonplace automation of production and vacuum cleaning to advanced precision surgery.
Just like many other innovative areas, the electronic industry is also facing the issue of having to adjust intellectual property to the very dynamic changes driven by technological progress. That’s why it is so important for a team of intellectual property advisors working for companies in the robotics and electronics sector to be comprised of not only certified patent attorneys but also people with a suitable educational background to allow them to fully understand the complexities of those cases.
Our experienced specialists at JWP are able to develop strategies which provide comprehensive protection of innovative solutions. We support our clients in such areas as enforcement and protection of patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, as well as conducting litigation in Poland and worldwide.
We support our clients in the following areas:
- state of the art research, patentability and infringement clearance, as well as technology monitoring
- drawing up patent applications for inventions within Poland, the EU, and the rest of the world
- filing applications in multiple countries through a network of professional and experienced foreign firms
- conducting disputes before the Patent Office of the Polish Republic and administrative courts
- drawing up warning letters in cases of infringement and drafting replies to warning letters
- conducting infringements lawsuits
- conducting mediation and negotiations in order to resolve disputes amicably
- drawing up confidentiality contracts, contracts with co-workers, and subcontractors
- drawing up technology transfer agreements, consortium agreements, and licensing agreements
- technology evaluations carried out in liaison with suitable institutions
- identifying technological areas which can be subject to protection
- support in tax issues related to technology transfer in liaison with suitable institutions
- protecting trade secrets
- validating European patents in Poland
- consulting and assistance in obtaining WIPO Proof
We work directly and indirectly with electronics producers, and also liaise with foreign agents of international corporations. We also handle a wide range of cases for the railway electrification industry, which is keenly interested in protecting its intangible assets.