Coming up with an innovative solution can be a significant step on the road to success, but it takes more than that to fully benefit from it. The invention must be protected with a customized and effective strategy that will maximize the creator’s benefits from its use and bring a return on the investments made into research and development.
Patents give the inventors an exclusive right to use the invention for commercial and professional purposes. They thus become significant assets of the company and guarantee effective legal protection of the innovation in case of any infringements by a third party. It also allows the creators to increase their revenues by granting licences to use or sell the patented idea. Patents undeniably strengthen businesses’ reputation and increase their innovativeness.
Ensuring comprehensive protection of inventions is one of the core areas of JWP Patent Attorney’s business. For almost 30 years, our specialists have been providing professional assistance in obtaining exclusive rights for inventions, ranging from conducting patent research to obtaining the patents and maintaining their validity. At the same time, throughout the whole process our lawyers counteract any third-party attempts at violations of their clients’ exclusive rights to their inventions. Our advisors have background in technology and specialist legal knowledge in the field of industrial and intellectual property. They acquired their professional experience working for patent offices and technology companies, as well as by working in the field of research and development at numerous institutes and universities. This enables them to easily understand the needs of scientists, solution developers, and entrepreneurs.
- conducting patent research, including in areas such as the state of the art, patentability, legal status, scope of protection and patent clearance
- giving opinions regarding the patentability of an invention
- handling national (PPO), European (EPO) and international (PCT) application procedures
- obtaining validation of European patents
- obtaining supplementary protection certificates (SPCs)
- ensuring timely payment of official fees
- making payments of fees for patent granting and renewal
- making entries and amendments in patent registers
- handling disputes before the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland (PPO) and the European Patent Office (EPO), as well as administrative courts and EU courts
- drawing up warning letters regarding patent infringements
- conducting mediation and negotiations on matters related to inventions
- handling litigation related to industrial and intellectual property infringements
- preparing legal opinions and analyses regarding inventions
- drawing up agreements related to patents, including the process of their implementation and commercialization
- handling patent-related transactions, such as purchase, sale, licensing, etc.
- developing strategies for protecting technical solutions in the enterprise