Unfair competition from rivalling companies is a breach of intellectual property rights and has a negative impact on a company’s business. It is an action that goes against the law or good practice and which damages or threatens a company’s interests. A particularly modern example may be unfair or even illegal activity of companies on the internet, where the sense of anonymity and impunity encourages businesses to conduct unfair practices.
The catalogue of unlawful acts is quite long and includes for example misleading designation of an enterprise, goods or services; infringement of trade secrets; counterfeiting products; impeding market entry, bribing a person performing a public function, as well as unfair or unlawful advertising.
We know full well that counteracting unfair competition is a key aspect of a company’s corporate and trade strategies. Therefore we here at the JWP Group, in cooperation with JWP Attorneys at Law, make every effort to provide our clients with multifaceted and comprehensive assistance in this field. Our experts have far-reaching experience in issues regarding protection against unfair competition.
- drawing up legal opinions on acts of unfair competition
- assessing compliance of market practices with the Unfair Competition Act
- conducting lawsuits and criminal proceedings before courts in cases regarding unfair competition
- consulting on creating an information safety policy
- drawing up trade secret agreements
- drawing up contracts regarding know-how and the protection of our clients’ know-how