The cosmetic industry has huge growth potential, but it is not free of pitfalls. A common problem in this sector are trademark infringements, product counterfeiting, and illegal distribution, particularly online.
An equally important task is the management of intellectual property rights, which not only includes various kinds of trademarks but also industrial designs and patents. Nowadays, when the cosmetic sector has joined forces with the pharmaceutical industry, the aspect of exclusive rights protection has become particularly important.
Our long-standing cooperation with cosmetic companies allows us to accurately identify their needs and point to the most suitable solutions for building our strategy of protecting and developing intellectual property in Poland and abroad. We provide our clients with professional support as they seek to successfully protect their products and technologies.
We support our clients in the following areas:
- patent searches for cosmetic products, active substances, production methods, and the use of products from the cosmetics sector
- trademark searches, registration, and monitoring the packaging of cosmetic products and industrial designs
- patent protection for new solutions used in cosmetics
- R&D agreements and technology transfer agreements
- disputes arising from patent, trademark, and industrial design infringement in the cosmetic industry
- customs cases related to intellectual property protection at the border and combating counterfeiting
We have many years of experience in providing strategic consultancy for enterprises in the cosmetic industry. We take care of our clients’ interests at every stage, from the initial idea to its development and product launch, to maintaining the protection of the product throughout its lifecycle. Our support in protecting innovative solutions includes carrying out research and submitting inventions and utility models. We also advise on how to protect a product’s appearance most effectively by registering industrial designs, as well as handling strategically identifying marks in the process of trademark reservation. In many cases, we can file applications online, which shortens the duration of the procedures. We closely cooperate with attorneys worldwide, which enables us to support our clients on a global scale. We provide support in disputes and litigation on such cases as rights infringement, which combine both legal and business aspects.