For many years, telecoms and IT companies have been at the top of patent application rankings. In the era of globalization and cut-throat competition, telecoms companies need clear strategies for building and maintaining strong brands. In the long run, what is key for companies is to acquire and protect know-how and intellectual property rights.
The telecoms and ICT sector is a complicated area which requires a multi-faceted approach. Our broad experience of working in this sector means we are able to offer our clients unmatched strategic and market-oriented legal advice. We closely cooperate with our partners by identifying, developing, commercializing, and protecting their intellectual property rights. We understand that taking advantage of the opportunities offered by technology is a key part of every company’s success.
We have expertise in all kinds of contracts, including licensing contracts pertaining to technological law. We also specialize in areas such as research and development, patent issues, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, infringement proceedings, and technology transfer.
We support our clients in the following areas:
- state of the art research, patentability studies, infringement clearance, and patent landscape analyses
- monitoring of technology
- drawing up patent applications for inventions within Poland, the EU, and the rest of the world
- drawing up warning letters in matters pertaining to patent infringement
- conducting disputes before the Patent Office of the Polish Republic and administrative courts
- conducting lawsuits relating to the protection of exclusive rights
- conducting mediations in order to resolve disputes amicably
- drawing up confidentiality contracts, contracts with co-workers and subcontractors
- drafting technology transfer contracts
- protecting trade secrets
- validating European patents in Poland
- training, workshops, and other forms of disseminating knowledge on intellectual property
We have many years of experience in assisting one of the largest telecommunications in the world. The services we provide include drawing up patent applications, analysing our clients’ technological solutions, conducting international proceedings, and delivering training courses. In the IT area we cooperate with software producers and institutions responsible for online security. The flexible approach of the European Patent Office towards computer-assisted solutions results in a substantially larger number of European patents in comparison with national patents. It is also worth mentioning that we cooperate with start-ups in this sector and participate in acceleration programmes.