The digital revolution is taking the financial services industry by storm. Information technology is changing this industry, offering previously unknown services and business models, but also posing new challenges. With the emergence of so many new ideas and technologies, it has become necessary to properly protect innovative solutions. Securing intellectual property rights should be the top priority for companies operating in this sector.
The FinTech landscape is still developing, borrowing ideas from such areas as artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and big data. Obtaining specialist advice on securing intellectual property rights, drawing up appropriate employment contracts, ensuring confidentiality, and protecting data protection has become indispensable.
Our team at JWP offers support to companies in the FinTech industry in the area of intellectual and industrial property protection. Our services are tailored to each individual customer’s needs, in such areas as patents, trademarks, copyright and trade secrets.
We offer advice in the following areas:
- state-of-the-art research, patentability searches and infringement clearance
- monitoring technology
- drawing up patent applications for Poland and abroad, as well as applications for European patents
- drawing up warning letters in patent infringement cases
- conducting disputes before the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland
- lawsuits regarding protection against infringements
- mediation and negotiation in order to settle matters amicably
- drawing up contracts of confidentiality, contracts with partners and subcontractors
- drawing up technology transfer contracts
- protection of trade secrets
Our sector experience includes state-of-the-art research and examinations of solutions involving technologies using blockchain, which include transaction algorithms and optimized control mechanisms. We also handle trademark applications, draw up warning letters to entities infringing the exclusive rights of our clients in the banking and financial sector, and also represent them in disputes.