Protection of intellectual property rights may have a decisive impact on the company’s commercial success. It secures the company’s assets and enables assignment of rights to third parties by sale, which generates measurable financial benefits. Well established rules in this area can also allow for merging entities in an efficient manner.
Intellectual property rights may be also licensed through relevant agreements. They allow the original owners of the assets to retain ownership thereof while enabling other companies to benefit from them for a pertinent fee. Intellectual property rights, due to their material nature, may also be subject matter of a pledge or another means of securing liabilities of an enterprise. JWP Patent & Trademark Attorneys advisors also attend to drafting agreements of this kind.
Our team of specialists has wide-ranging experience in negotiating and preparing agreements related to all kinds of transfers of intellectual property rights. Our advisors provide support for our clients at every stage of transactions involving intellectual property rights offering their professional advice both in proper defining of subjective scope of agreements and in defining and/or verifying terms and conditions included therein.
- reviewing conditions of agreements on selling, licensing or pledge of intellectual property rights
- negotiating and drafting agreements related to intellectual property rights, including assignment, license and pledge agreements
- auditing the legal status of intellectual property rights (IP due diligence)
- consulting and support in transactions related to transferring and licensing intellectual property rights
- analyzing transactions and the legal status of intellectual property rights
- handling procedures required for changes resulting from assignment, license, and pledge agreements in Poland and abroad to be recorded in the registers of industrial property rights