We are currently witnessing dynamic growth in the pharmaceutical and life science industries. The amount of research conducted in these fields requires thorough planning of both the research process as well as the commercialization of its results. Research processes, which are often carried out concurrently in many parts of the world, are vulnerable to the risk of infringement of intellectual property rights. This rapid progress is driving companies to develop a precise strategy for protecting, implementing, and developing innovative products, as well as obtaining assistance in matters related to their safe use. Thanks to our comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to our clients’ cases, we are able to minimize the risk of any threats that may arise.
We work closely with both domestic and foreign clients, assisting them in a wide range of areas, e.g. inventions, supplementary protection certificates (CPS), protection of plant varieties, utility models, industrial designs, trademarks, and internet domains, as well as in matters related to unfair competition and copyright. The broad area of operations that we offer, combined with our longstanding experience, allows us to develop customized strategies for intellectual and industrial property protection that align with our clients’ business goals.
The technological and pharmaceutical sector requires support from people who understand life sciences. Within our team, we have engineers and specialists with science degrees, including experts in the fields of molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, pharmacy, and chemical biotechnology, as well as analytical and organic chemistry and chemical technology. Our interdisciplinary approach and wealth of experience mean that our clients can rest assured that they have the right people behind them.
We support our clients in the following areas:
- developing successful intellectual property protection and management strategies
- patent search and infringement clearance
- patent application and registration proceedings before Polish, European and international bodies
- obtaining additional rights arising from SPCs
- disputes and litigation before Polish and European administrative authorities
- IP due diligence and legal analyses
- negotiations related to trading of exclusive rights
- matters related to trading and licensing of exclusive rights and know-how, including negotiations and drawing up contracts
- commercialization and technology transfer
- training, workshops, and other forms of disseminating knowledge on intellectual property
We offer a wide range of services to our clients, including assisting generic pharmaceutical companies and reference medicine producers in making patent applications, carrying out infringement clearances (FTO), and resolving disputes and litigation. As we employ experts in various industries and lawyers specializing in patent disputes, we are able to provide comprehensive assistance in cases heard before the Polish Patent Office and judicial courts. We also work with research centres and active academic circles. We represent producers of fertilizers, medical equipment, local and global biotechnological companies, creative life-science start-ups, and domestic inventors who are operating in international markets.