Universities and research institutes in Poland actively seek patent protection for innovative solutions on a regular basis. In Poland in 2018, as many as 37% of all applications for registration of inventions and utility models were made by universities, scientific institutes, and units of the Polish Academy of Sciences. Scientists are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of patenting, and as a result they are applying for patents in growing numbers, which is the first step towards commercializing research results and finding a suitable market use for them.
Scientific workers who develop modern technologies and improve solutions available on the market are valuable business partners for, for example, pharmaceutical companies and producers of new research equipment. Besides issues related to the patenting process and marketing scientific innovations, appropriately constructed technology transfer contracts, licensing agreements, and agreements regulating the rights to research results play a key role in the commercialization process.
We meet those needs using our extensive knowledge and competences related to intellectual property protection. Our experts have degrees in many scientific fields and have acquired professional experience in Polish and foreign scientific centres. This means we are able to provide support in many stages of the process, we better understand the needs of creators, and we provide more efficient support for research and scientific centres in the process of commercializing breakthrough solutions.
We support our clients in the following areas:
- building a strategy for developing, protecting, and managing intellectual property rights
- building a strategy for cooperating with other research and development centres and enterprises
- patent search and infringement clearance
- state-of-the-art research
- application and registration proceedings related to patents and utility models before Polish, European, and international bodies
- obtaining additional rights arising from SPCs
- renewing exclusive rights and making amendments in the register
- legal services related to technology transfer, including licensing agreements, innovation rules and regulations, and patent policies
- training, workshops, and other forms of disseminating knowledge on intellectual property
For years, we have been supporting research and development centres in matters related to the protection of new technological solutions. Our experience goes well beyond the scope of standard services, for example patent searches or drawing up patent descriptions. We also successfully run training courses on intellectual property, which gives scientific centres and creators the opportunity to consciously plan their research and development activities and in the longer run to take advantage of commercializing innovative solutions.