A company’s trademark is one of its most important assets and the basic element which enables a product or service to be identified and promoted on the market. This is why it is vitally important to ensure suitable legal protection for trademarks.
A trademark protection right grants the company exclusive use of the registered trademark within a particular territory throughout the protection period (which lasts 10 years and can be extended every 10 years). This serves to reduce the risk of infringement and makes it easy for entrepreneurs to seek damages should such infringements occur.
Having a registered trademark increases customer trust and supports the process of building the company’s professional image. Moreover, a trademark protection right is a company asset. This means is that it has a market value and may be traded to bring additional profit.
We understand that trademarks play a key role in achieving commercial success and represent the values on which the company was built. For this reason, we offer comprehensive support in the area of trademark protection and management in Poland and abroad. Our experts have longstanding experience in this area, and their knowledge and broad range of skills guarantee a high quality of service. We offer legal support and assistance in running marketing campaigns and business development to entrepreneurs, lawyers working for internal legal departments, as well as to marketing and sales employees.
- formulating a trademark protection strategy suited to the company’s business and marketing goals
- trademark research in Poland and the EU, as well as other countries in liaison with our foreign partners
- conducting registration proceedings in Poland (PPO), the EU (EUIPO), and worldwide (WIPO), and in patent offices around the world in liaison with our foreign partners
- renewing protection rights and making amendments to register entries
- trademark monitoring and opinions on conflicting registrations
- sending warning letters regarding trademark-related cases
- handling disputes and litigation resulting from trademark infringements and unfair competition
- preparing legal opinions, trademark valuations, and trademark-related contracts
- conducting mediation and negotiations
- handling customs proceedings and trademark protection abroad
- consulting and assistance in obtaining WIPO Proof