When conducting business activities, JWP Group collects and processes personal data of users in accordance with applicable provisions of law, including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR).
Below please find the information that may be relevant in connection with the use of the services provided by JWP Rzecznicy Patentowi Dorota Rzążewska sp.k. (hereinafter: JWP) or another entity from JWP Group (listed here) which is a party to a provision of services agreement, or an entity contacted for another purpose.
Personal data means any information about the natural person identified or identifiable through one or more specific factors determining their physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity, including their image, voice recording, contact details, location data, information included in correspondence, information collected via recording equipment or other similar technology.
The function of a personal data controller making decisions about the purposes and manner of data processing is jointly performed by the entities constituting JWP Group (hereinafter referred to as JWP Group):
- JWP Rzecznicy Patentowi Dorota Rzążewska sp.k. (JWP Patent & Trademark Attorneys), address: ul. Żelazna 28/30, 00-833 Warsaw (Sienna Center), registered in the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register. National Court Register Number (KRS): 0000717985 | Tax Identification Number (NIP): PL 526 011 18 68 | Statistical Identification Number (REGON): 010532597
- JWP Kancelaria Prawna Dorota Rzążewska (JWP Attorneys-at-Law), address: ul. Żelazna 28/30, 00-833 Warsaw (Sienna Center). Tax Identification Number (NIP): PL 521 127 64 11 | Statistical Identification Number (REGON): 012877745
- Fundacja JWP Masz pomysł? Masz patent. Masz zysk! (JWP Foundation), address: ul. Żelazna 28/30, 00-833 Warsaw (Sienna Center), registered in the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register. National Court Register Number (KRS): 0000379117 | Tax Identification Number (NIP): PL 701 028 28 77 | Statistical Identification Number (REGON): 142823770
In order to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection, JWP Group has appointed Data Protection Officer, to be contacted by email at: email@example.com or by mail at: ul. Żelazna 28/30, 00-833 Warsaw.
II Personal Data Collection, Processing and Use
The manner and scope of personal data collection depends in particular on whether you visit our website for information purposes or use the services offered via the website or the services described therein, but provided otherwise.
The provision of personal data is voluntary, but necessary to accomplish the purposes for which we have collected personal data.
We process personal data for the following purposes and with reference to the following legal basis (Article 6(1)(a)-(c),(f) of GDPR):
- entering into and performing individual contracts, including ensuring a good quality of services (legal basis: Article 6(1)(b) of GDPR) – “performance of a contract,”
- fulfilling legal obligations, e.g. issuing and storing invoices or responding to complaints (legal basis: Article 6(1)(c) of GDPR) – “a legal obligation,”
- pursuing any possible claims (legal basis: Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR) – “a legitimate interest,”
- promoting our own services during the term of the contract (legal basis: Article 6(1)(f) of GDPR) – “a legitimate interest,”
- carrying out marketing activities, sending newsletters, organizing workshops and trainings provided that you agree to the use of the data for this purpose (legal basis: Article 6(1)(a) of GDPR) – “consent.”
We process the personal data provided to us for the period necessary to accomplish the above purposes. Depending on the legal basis, this will be respectively:
- the duration of the cooperation itself, but no longer than 10 years from the end of the year when the proceedings as part of which the personal data was collected are concluded – for the personal data processed by attorneys-at-law or advocates in the course of their professional activities,
- the time during which legal obligations are fulfilled and the time during which the provisions of law, e.g. tax regulations, require Data Controllers to store the data,
- the period of time after which any claims arising from the contract expire,
- the period of time until the consent is withdrawn.
Taking into account the trust that users place in JWP Group when using our legal advisory services, we reserve the right to retain, in individual cases, personal data allowing to identify a conflict of interest should a case regarding a specific user be conducted by us for the opposing party.
JWP Group uses the following Websites:
- https://www.jwp.pl/ – website of Patent & Trademark Attorneys,
- https://www.jwp-poland.pl/ – website of Patent & Trademark Attorneys in English
- https://www.jwp-legal.pl/ – website of Attorneys-at-Law
- https://www.jwp-fundacja.pl/ – Foundation’s website
When you uses the Website, your data is automatically collected. The data include: IP address, domain name, browser type or operating system type. The data may be collected by web cookies, Google Analytics, and may be stored in server logs.
Web cookies are small text files sent to your computer or another terminal device when you are browsing the Website. Web cookies remember user preferences, which helps enhance the quality of provided services, improve search results or the accuracy of displayed information, personalize a website, and create website statistics.
JWP Group is a controller of web cookies.
You may opt out of web cookies (or set preferences for their use by your web browser) by selecting appropriate settings in your web browser.
You agree to the storage of or access to the web cookies by the Service Provider by reading a web cookies use notification message during your first visit to the Website, closing the notification message and keeping the default settings of your web browser unchanged. You may change the way web cookies are used at any time by changing the settings of the browser installed on your device.
JWP Group uses the types of web cookies listed below:
- Essential files – files of key importance that enable users to navigate the Website and use its functions, e.g. gain access to secure areas on the Website.
- Performance files – these files collect information about how users use the Website and which parts of the Website they visit most often.
- Functional files – these files register user choices (such as a user name, language, or the region where users reside).
JWP Group uses the Google Analytics system, which serves for web analytics and gives insight into the Website traffic useful in marketing activities.
Third-party social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) may record information about you, for example, when you click on an “Add” or “Like” button connected with a particular social networking site during your stay on the Website. The Service Provider has no control over third-party entities or their activities. Information about social media sites is available thereon.
JWP Group uses the data provided by you or collected automatically to:
- ensure proper functioning, configuration, security and reliability of the Website,
- monitor a session status,
- adapt displayed information to user preferences,
- conduct analyses, statistics, surveys and audits of Website views.
IV Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
Subject to data security guarantees, we may transfer personal data to other entities, including:
- persons authorized by JWP Group to process data,
- entities entrusted with data processing, e.g. technical service providers and advisory services providers,
- other controllers, e.g. couriers.
Personal data may also be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (i.e. countries other than the European Union or Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein), provided that conditions set out in Chapter V of the GDPR are met. The entrusting of personal data of JWP Group clients to foreign attorneys established outside the European Economic Area takes place after this has been agreed with the user.
The entities with whom user data is shared may use it in the manner and to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose set by JWP Group. In addition, JWP Group cooperates with advisors who are obliged to comply with security rules and regulations as regards personal data processing. JWP enters into agreements for entrusting individual entities with personal data specifying terms and conditions for the use of such personal data by these entities.
V Google Analytics
VI Personal Data in Social Media
JWP Group provides content via social media such as: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Youtube. When you use specific social media, your personal data is collected and processed by these entities under the terms and conditions set out by their owners, outside the control of JWP Group.
VII Data Security
In order to ensure data confidentiality, JWP Group has implemented procedures as well as organizational and technical solutions allowing access to data by authorized persons who process it in connection with the tasks with which they have been entrusted. Necessary actions are taken to ensure that subcontractors and other cooperating entities also guarantee the use of appropriate security measures whenever they process data on behalf of JWP Group.
The information sent via the Website, including via the contact form, newsletter or as part of JWP Online service, is encrypted by means of SSL protocol and remains invisible to third parties.
Risk analyses are carried out on an ongoing basis and the adequacy of data safeguards applied to identified risks is monitored.
In addition, JWP Group complies with the duty of professional secrecy binding patent attorneys, attorneys-at-law and advocates.
VIII User Rights
Any person whose personal data is held by JWP Group has the right to request access to their personal data, to have the data transferred, rectified and erased or to have the processing of their personal data restricted. Any restriction in this respect may only arise from regulations.
Notwithstanding the rights mentioned above, any data subject may object to the processing of the data where the data is used on the basis of a legitimate interest. Having accepted such a relevant request, JWP Group is obliged to cease the processing of data for a specific purpose.
The withdrawal of consent to the processing of personal data does not affect the lawfulness of data processing made on the basis of the consent before its withdrawal.
Should you wish to exercise these rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any data subject also has the right to file a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office if they consider that the processing of personal data by JWP Group violates the provisions of law.
IX Regulations on the Provision of Services
As required by law, detailed terms and conditions for the provision of remote services are set out in The Regulations on the Provision of Services.
The Website content is protected by copyright. Its content may not be used in any fields of use otherwise than upon JWP’s written consent stipulating that only non-commercial use for personal purposes is allowed.
The logo of any entity belonging to JWP Group placed on the Website is a registered trademark subject to protection.
The content in the form of works disseminated in the blog, social media and the newsletter is also protected by the copyright held by JWP Group.
XI Final Provisions
The content in the materials posted on the Website, in social media and in the newsletter is designed for informational purposes only and cannot be treated as advice, consultation or recommendation.
JWP Group reserves the right to make changes to this information at any time and to any extent, without prior notice.
Commercial information on provided services is informative in character and constitutes an invitation to negotiate; it is not a commercial offer within the meaning of Article 66(1) of the Civil Code.