The efficient supply of technologies to the market is a result of efforts made both by the research and development sector as well as the commercial and public sectors. In this type of cooperation, partners may include research and development institutions, businesses of all sizes, public institutions, and private individuals.
The transfer of technological and organizational knowledge can be source of significant profits and technological progress. Our experts at JWP Patent Attorneys support this process by providing consulting on technology transfers. We are also an accredited ARP S.A. consultant as part of the Sieć Otwartych Innowacji (SOI) project in which we verify whether the technology vendor is truly entitled to sell it or license it. We verify the actual scope of protection of a technology and its territorial range, and check whether there are any related rights and what implications they may have on the implementation of the technology. We determine whether the entrepreneur will be able to further develop the technology if it is purchased.
Our team of experts has extensive experience of handling processes of technology transfer for their creators, i.e. inventors, scientists, and research and development institutes, as well as companies interested in buying technologies and investors.
- preparing and conducting negotiations related to technology transfers
- drawing up contracts related to technology transfers
- reviewing technology transfer contracts and their compliance with the law
- undertaking due diligence of items subject to technology transfers
- conducting searches on solutions already applied in the relevant sector
- conducting infringement clearance tests of the item subject to technology transfer
- consultations on further protection of the technology being transferred
- drawing up intellectual property rights management strategies related to the technology being transferred
- developing a strategy of building an intellectual property rights portfolio in Poland and abroad