Tomasz Gawliczek, PhD, specialises in the protection of industrial property, and in particular exclusive rights to trademarks, design and rules of fair competition. He assists entrepreneurs at all stages of IP related disputes: he prepares comprehensive strategies on how to proceed, negotiates settlements and represents clients before industrial property offices (Polish Patent Office, EUIPO) and before IP courts and administrative tribunals. He also has experience gained in proceedings before the General Court of the European Union in Luxembourg.
As one of the first Polish lawyers, he completed specialist postgraduate studies at the University of Strasbourg in France in the field of conducting cross-border patent disputes in Europe, including preparation to represent clients before the Unified Patent Court (UPC).
He was awarded the degree of Doctor of Social Sciences in legal sciences at the University of Wrocław, where he completed full-time doctoral studies and subsequently defended his thesis entitled “Protection of the trademark in Polish criminal economic law”. He currently lectures on criminal law at a patent attorney training course.
Tomasz Gawliczek, PhD, is the author of scientific and press publications on the protection of widely understood intellectual property rights. He has gained his teaching and training experience as a lecturer at a higher education institution and as a speaker at national and international trade conferences in the field of design, e-commerce and life science.
In 2022, Dr. Tomasz Gawliczek won the 3rd place in the prestigious competition “Rising Stars Lawyers – Leaders of Tomorrow” organized by Wolters Kluwer Polska.
- Université de Strasbourg, Centre d’Études Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle, Diplôme Universitaire “Contentieux des Brevets en Europe” (Postgraduate studies: Diploma on Patent Litigation in Europe)
- Polish Chamber of Patent & Trademark Attorneys, patent & trademark attorney traineeship
- District Chamber of Attorneys at Law in Wroclaw, attorney-at-law traineeship
- University of Wrocław, PhD in Law
- Jagiellonian University of Cracow, Postgraduate studies: Intellectual property law
- University of Wrocław, MA in Law
- District Chamber of Attorneys at Law in Wroclaw
- PIRP – Polish Chamber of Patent Attorneys
- EPLIT – European Patent Litigators Association
Brexit from the Perspective of European Union Trademarks and Community Designs[in:] All Rights Reserved
Artwork reproduction as a registered trademark (part 1)[in:] All Rights Reserved
Community Designs solely dictated by their technical function? What we found out after CJEU ruling on the case C‑395/16?[in:] All Rights Reserved