Intellectual property protection in the food industry is a real challenge due to its enormous complexity. Food producers, particularly those who offer a wide range of products, find it necessary to protect their rights to trademark portfolios, industrial designs, and trade secrets (e.g. recipes).
New technological solutions, environmental protection requirements, and ever growing consumer awareness of nutrition and the trends resulting from it have created many challenges for the food industry. The astounding development of this industry also makes it very demanding in terms of intellectual property protection.
Despite the ever more stringent competition on the market, our clients can rest assured that they are in good hands. This is because they use the support of professional attorneys who provide expert advice on creating a successful strategy to protect their intellectual and industrial property, taking into account legal conditions and marketing activities. They can also rely on our knowledge of registration proceedings, mediation, and litigation.
We support our clients in the following areas:
- building an effective protection strategy for trademarks and industrial designs in Poland, the EU, and worldwide
- trademark and industrial design search, registration, and monitoring
- management of trademark and industrial design portfolios
- licensing and assigning exclusive rights to industrial designs and trademarks
- handling disputes regarding infringement of industrial designs, trademarks, and copyrights
- handling customs cases related to intellectual property protection at the border and combating counterfeiting
- counteracting unfair competition
- liaising with JWP Attorneys at Law in matters of consumer law
- training, workshops and other forms of disseminating knowledge on intellectual property
- consulting and assistance in obtaining WIPO Proof
We have longstanding experience in providing comprehensive assistance to FMCG corporations, producers of beverages, sweets, diet supplements, and nutraceuticals, in matters related to the protection of their portfolios of trademarks, industrial designs, and recipes. We advise on what strategy of intellectual and industrial property protection to adopt, depending on our clients’ profile and the market segment in which they operate. We manage their exclusive rights by timely submitting renewal applications, monitoring the competition, and identifying any potential infringements.